Weekend Outlook – Watch an outdoor ‘Harry Potter’ showing

Enjoy+complimentary+popcorn+and+drinks+for+purchase+while+catching+a+socially+distanced+screening+of+the+fourth+Harry+Potter+movie.+
Photo Illustration by Camille DeSanto | Assistant Photo Editor
Enjoy complimentary popcorn and drinks for purchase while catching a socially distanced screening of the fourth “Harry Potter” movie.

Come Friday, it’s time to close your laptop for a week and enjoy a week of relaxation. 

Kick off your spring break with a weekend of “Harry Potter,” vagina poetry and a day trip to Annapolis, Maryland, to enjoy beer and some fresh oysters.

Friday

‘Harry Potter’ at The Bullpen

Head to The Bullpen in Navy Yard this Friday to enjoy a socially distanced movie showing of “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.” You and four to six friends will be seated at a picnic table with a view of the movie screen. Complimentary popcorn is served and drink specials are available for purchase. And if you’re feeling particularly magical, you can participate in a wizard-themed costume contest. 

The Bullpen at Half Street Fairgrounds, 1201 Half St. SE. Open at 6 p.m., movie starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20 per guest. Find more information here

Saturday

The Vagina Festival

What better way to celebrate Women’s History Month than by empowering yourself and other women at the Vagina Festival. The virtual evening aims to celebrate “vulva diversity, vagina honesty and body empowerment” through mediums, like storytelling and visual arts and poetry. All of the proceeds from the event will be donated to The Eve Appeal, an England-based gynecological cancer research center, and MRKH Connect, a foundation dedicated to helping women diagnosed with Mayer Rokitansky Kuster Hauser Syndrome, a reproductive-related syndrome.

Virtual. 1:30 p.m. EST. General Admission tickets are $5. Find more information here.

Sunday

Annapolis Oyster Festival

If you want a break from the city before you kick off your spring break, head to Annapolis, Maryland, to enjoy its annual oyster festival. Nineteen local restaurants are participating in the festival as vendors to feature various oyster dishes and pairings. Each vendor will offer some variation of an oyster dish and beer.

Downtown Annapolis, Maryland, Main Street. Free admission. Find more information here.