Men’s basketball adjusts end of regular season schedule

The Atlantic 10 adjusted men’s basketball’s schedule, changing its last two games of the season, according to a release Friday.

The Colonials (4-10, 3-4 A-10) were slated to host George Mason at home Saturday and close out its conference slate on the road at Davidson March 2. But now the team is slated to end its season on the road with matchups at George Mason Wednesday and St. Bonaventure Friday, the release stated.

The squad went on a 35-day pause after head coach Jamion Christian tested positive for COVID-19, postponing eight games. In total, the Colonials have tabled 10 contests in A-10 play.

GW has currently played just seven conference games and will enter tournament play with eight games under its belt against A-10 foes – the lowest number among all conference teams.

The conference moved its men’s basketball Championship from March 10-14 to March 3-6 with the Championship game being played March 14 due to schedule disruptions because of COVID-19, a release stated.

The team roared back into play after its eight-game hiatus with a win over Rhode Island, but the squad gave up a halftime lead to George Mason, dropping the contest 63–58.

The team will be back in action Friday at St. Bonaventure. Tipoff is slated for 6 p.m.