Crime log: Male suspect throws tray at pedestrian

Harassing Telephone Calls

Various Locations
2/17/2021 – 10:15 a.m.-3:02 p.m.
Open Case

Two male staff members reported being victims of two harassing phone calls pertaining to GW housekeeping rules from an unknown source.

– Case open.

Theft/From Motor Vehicle, Destruction of Property Less than $1,000

Whole Foods Market
2/20/2021 – 11:20-11:30 a.m.
Open Case

A female victim reported she was going to take her break and noticed that her front passenger window was broken and her purse was gone, according to a Metropolitan Police Department report. An unknown suspect stole a pink purse, wallet, medication, four credit cards and $80 in cash.

– Case open.

Burglary II/Non-Forcible

Webb Building (Mount Vernon Campus)
Unknown – Unknown
Open Case

GW Police Department officers responded to a report of burglary. Upon arrival, officers made contact with a male staff member who reported that several antiques were stolen from his office. MPD officers responded to the scene and filed a report.

– Case open.

Unlawful Entry, Destruction of Property/Vandalism

Webb Building
Unknown – Unknown
Open Case

GWPD and MPD officers responded to a report of destruction of property. Upon arrival, officers made contact with a male staff member who reported marks from a pry bar on a closet and office door. The office was previously secured due to a report of burglary. MPD officers issued a report.

– Case open.

Unlawful Entry

Duques Hall
2/24/2021 – 5:32 a.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers responded to a report of an unknown male subject refusing to leave the building. Officers arrived on scene and made contact with the subject who had a recent bar notice. The subject was issued an updated bar notice, and GWPD officers escorted him from the campus.

– Subject barred.

Harassing Telephone Calls

Academic Center
2/25/2021 – 7:59 a.m.
Open Case

A male faculty member reported being a recipient of a harassing voicemail from an unknown caller.

– Case open.

Unlawful Entry

Amsterdam Hall
2/25/2021 – 8:47 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers responded to a report of an unsecured front door in Amsterdam Hall. Upon arrival, officers observed several unattended items in the lobby. While canvassing the area, officers made contact with a non-GW affiliated male subject. The subject claimed ownership of the items, and GWPD barred him and sent him away.

– Subject barred.

Simple Assault, Destruction of Property Less than $1,000

GW Hospital
2/27/2021 – 7:45-8:45 p.m.
Closed Case

A suspect threw a tray at a female victim as she and another witness were “rounding on” the suspect, according to an MPD report. The tray hit the victim in the face, knocking off her glasses, which were destroyed after falling on the ground. MPD officers arrested the suspect and ran a criminal check, which found an active misdemeanor warrant for Theft II from D.C. Superior Court. Officers transported the suspect to the Second District police station for processing.

– Cleared by arrest.

– Compiled by Kateryna Stepanenko.