Crime log: 7-Eleven targeted in back-to-back days of violent robberies

Liquor Law Violation

Potomac House
2/14/2021 – 1:14 a.m.
Closed Case

GW Police Department officers received a report from an area coordinator about an intoxicated female student. The student was accompanied by two other intoxicated female students. Upon arrival, GWPD officers made contact with the student, who refused medical treatment.

– Referred to the Division for Student Affairs.

Liquor Law Violation

Potomac House
2/14/2021 – 1:08 a.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers received a report from an area coordinator about another intoxicated female student in the same group. Upon arrival, GWPD officers made contact with the student, who refused medical treatment.

– Referred to DSA.

Liquor Law Violation

Potomac House
2/14/2021 – 12:53 a.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers also responded to a report about the third intoxicated female student in the group who had sustained an injury after falling and scraping her face while she was with the two other students. D.C. Fire and Emergency Medical Services responded to the scene and evaluated the student’s condition, after which she was transported to the emergency room at the GW Hospital.

– Referred to DSA.

Unlawful Entry

Duques Hall
2/14/2021 – 2:50 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers responded to a report of an unknown male subject who refused to leave Duques Hall. Upon arrival, the officers discovered that the subject had left the scene. Shortly after, GWPD officers made contact with the subject outside of the building and issued him a bar notice. Officers later discovered that the subject provided a fictitious name and was previously barred from entering GW property.

– Subject barred.

Theft II/from Motor Vehicle

Public Property On Campus (2200 block of G Street NW)
2/16/2021 – 1:00 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers received a report of a dispute. Upon arrival, officers made contact with officers from the Metropolitan Police Department. MPD officers said two non-GW affiliated acquaintances were involved in a verbal dispute. Following the altercation, the male subject stole a set of car keys from a female victim, leaving her stranded in the car that both acquaintances arrived in.

– Referred to MPD.

Robbery Force & Violence

7-Eleven Store (912 New Hampshire Ave. NW)
2/16/2021 – 2:17 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers responded to a report of MPD activity near a 7-Eleven store. Upon arrival, GWPD made contact with MPD and learned that two unknown male subjects had robbed the store of $46 and several food items. During the robbery, one subject punched a male store clerk in the face. MPD is actively investigating the robbery.

– Referred to MPD.

Unlawful Entry

1918 F St.
2/17/2021 – 1:40 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers responded to a report of a man sleeping in a garage. Upon arrival, officers learned that the male subject has been previously barred from GW property. Officers updated his bar notice and sent him away.

– Subject barred.

Robbery Force & Violence

2/17/2021 – 8:57 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers responded to a report of MPD activity near the 7-Eleven store. Upon arrival, officers made contact with MPD officers and learned that an unknown male subject had robbed the store of cigarettes. During the robbery, the subject brandished a long knife and hit the store clerk with its handle. MPD is actively investigating the robbery.

– Referred to MPD.

– Compiled by Kateryna Stepanenko.