Weekend Outlook – Visit the newly reopened Sculpture Garden

The National Gallery of Art has reopened the Sculpture Garden and Pavilion Cafe to masked patrons.

Take time to appreciate the arts this weekend. Make a trip to Dupont Underground’s new February installation, watch an iHeartRadio concert featuring 21 Savage and visit the newly reopened Sculpture Garden at the National Gallery of Art.

Friday

The February Installation, Dupont Underground

Highlighting work from Black artists around the District, this month’s art installation in Dupont Underground illustrates how artists and collectives have used their time during the pandemic, according to its website. The artwork is organized by four themes: joyful, transformation, unapologetic and beauty. The space is limited to 45 guests at a time, and masks are required.

Dupont Underground, 19 Dupont Circle NW. Opens for visitors at 3 and closes 7 p.m. at EST. Student tickets are $5, and general admission tickets are $8.

Saturday

iHeartRadio’s ‘Living Black!’ concert

iHeartRadio is hosting a livestreamed concert featuring rappers Roddy Ricch and 21 Savage, singer-songwriter Jhene Aiko and gospel musician Kirk Franklin. Anyone can stream the performance on iHeartRadio’s Youtube or Facebook pages or tune into an iHeartRadio station.

Virtual. Watch livestream on Youtube or Facebook. Starting at 6 p.m. EST. Free.

Sunday

Reopened Sculpture Garden

After closing in November due to the pandemic, The National Gallery of Art’s Sculpture Garden and Pavilion Cafe reopened Sunday. Guests can enter the garden from 7th Street, Constitution Avenue and Madison Avenue. Guests can also order takeout from the on-site restaurant, Pavilion Cafe. Entrance is allowed on a first come, first serve basis, and all guests ages two and older must wear a mask. 

National Gallery of Art yard, corner of Constitution Avenue and 7th Street NW. Open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Free.