Faculty-wide survey of LeBlanc’s leadership, campus climate closes

LeBlanc+said+officials+will+use+guidelines+released+by+the+Board+of+Trustees+last+month+to+make+further+financial+decisions+and+will+not+dip+into+the+Universitys+endowment.+
File Photo by Ari Golub
LeBlanc said officials will use guidelines released by the Board of Trustees last month to make further financial decisions and will not dip into the University’s endowment.

The faculty-wide survey on University President Thomas LeBlanc has closed after collecting responses for more than a month.

The survey, which was launched after faculty voted to approve its development in November, included questions about GW’s campus climate and LeBlanc’s leadership abilities and garnered responses from hundreds of faculty. Faculty overseeing the survey said they received more than 1,200 completed responses, more than 70 percent of the 1,690 faculty on the Dec. 17 distribution list.

The faculty announced last week that they would analyze and post the results publicly by Feb. 22.

Arthur Wilson, the chair of the senate’s executive committee, said at a senate meeting last month that the response collection was going “well.”

“The survey team has made every effort to accommodate all full-time faculty, and we have already achieved a response rate comparable to other University surveys,” Wilson wrote in his report to the senate. “More responses are still being submitted. A report on the survey’s findings will then be produced and reported out via the senate website.”