Weekend Outlook – Take a virtual tour of the Amsterdam Van Gogh Museum

The Amsterdam Van Gogh Museum is offering virtual tours to allow patrons to visit exhibits from the comfort and safety of their own homes.

If you live in D.C., you probably won’t want to venture into the city until the tanks and chaos move out. From a virtual murder mystery night to a livestreamed tour of the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, here are a few activities to occupy your weekend from home.

Friday

Murder On The Underground Express: An online murder mystery night

Spend your Friday participating in an interactive murder mystery night, hosted by The London Halloween Guide and TheWhoDunnit. To participate, you’ll need to purchase a ticket for yourself or group ticket for your friend group. After signing up, you’ll receive an email with more information about the experience and be prompted to download an app, either on your phone or desktop, to play the game. One hour before the experience begins, you’ll also receive an email with all the information, clues and rules you’ll need to solve the mystery as well as a private link to access the session on the app.

Online. 3:45 to 5:30 p.m. EST. $12.10 per ticket, $181.55 for a group (15 people) private game.

Saturday

Herbal cocktail class

If you want to carry presidential inauguration festivities into the weekend, join in on this herbal cocktail-making class to whip up a few yummy drinks Saturday night. The class is hosted by an experienced bartender and herbalist, who will walk you through creating a play on a Moscow Mule called “A Girl Named Ginger.” To register and receive a Zoom link to the class, you’ll need to make a minimum of a $1 donation. 

Online. 6 to 8 p.m. EST. Minimum donation of $1 to receive event Zoom link. 

Sunday

Livestream art tour of Amsterdam Van Gogh Museum

You might be missing the experience of roaming through D.C. art museums, so take your Sunday night to enjoy a virtual tour of the Amsterdam Van Gogh Museum. Robert Kelleman, the founder and director of the nonprofit community organization Washington, DC History & Culture will be your host and talk you through the various works of art in the museum. After you register for the free event, you’ll receive a Zoom link to join the tour at least eight hours before the event begins. You can check out what the museum has to offer on its website before you kick off your virtual tour.

Online. 8 to 9:40 p.m. EST. Donations encouraged but not required.