Men’s basketball to face Duquesne in back-to-back games

The+Colonials+needed+to+adjust+their+schedule+amid+coronavirus+concerns+from+opposing+teams.+
iono if i had to do this but…
The Colonials needed to adjust their schedule amid coronavirus concerns from opposing teams.

Men’s basketball will take on Duquesne Saturday and Sunday to accommodate Atlantic 10 rescheduling, according to a release Thursday.

The first meeting between the Colonials (2-6, 1-0 A-10) and Dukes (1-1) was originally scheduled for Saturday at the Smith Center, and their second meeting was set for Feb. 24 in Pittsburgh. But after a positive test in the Saint Louis program postponed its matchup with Duquesne Wednesday, the A-10 reworked schedules to account for a makeup game, the release states.

Duquesne hasn’t played a game since a Dec. 2 win over UNC Greensboro and canceled the final three games of its nonconference schedule due to COVID-19 related issues. The Dukes have paused team activities multiple times because of positive COVID-19 tests among Tier 1 personnel.

The Colonials have yet to postpone games or practices due to a positive COVID-19 test in the program. The squad has adapted its nonconference schedule three times to account for COVID-19 issues in opposing programs.

Last season, GW split its two games with Duquesne, falling early in the conference schedule by a five-point margin and nabbing a one-possession win that would mark the final victory of the 2019-20 season.

The Colonials opened A-10 play with a victory over Fordham Wednesday and will suit up to play the game one of two against the Dukes Saturday. Tipoff is slated for 12:30 p.m.