Weekend Outlook – Chill out with glow-in-the-dark yoga

Interested+in+trying+yoga+for+the+first+time%3F+A+free+beginner+yoga+course+for+youth+this+Sunday+might+be+for+you.+
Camille DeSanto | Assistant Photo Editor
Interested in trying yoga for the first time? A free beginner yoga course for youth this Sunday might be for you.

After last weekend’s festivities, cool down with some zen. Practice a new language Friday, get started on holiday shopping Saturday then relax on Sunday with a glow-in-the-dark yoga session.

Friday
Language Lunch

Learning a new language is hard, especially if you haven’t practiced since high school. Thanks to Language Lunch, a place for students, staff and faculty to practice a new language, you can learn one in an informal setting. This week’s languages include Chinese, Japanese, Korean, English, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish. This event is hosted by the Elliott School Office of Graduate Student Services over Zoom.

Zoom. 12 p.m. EST. Register through Handshake or join on Zoom.

Saturday
Makers Market at Dumbarton House

Take some time off to walk around and shop to support local businesses at the second annual Makers Market in the historic Georgetown Dumbarton House. If there’s a specific item you are looking for, you can check out the online gift shop. Wear a mask, follow social-distancing guidelines and start off your holiday shopping early at Dumbarton House.

Outdoors. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST. Admission is free. Masks are to be worn at all times. A COVID-19 waiver must be signed and contact information will be recorded for vendors and shoppers.

Sunday
Stay Solid Mental Health Youth Glow-in-the-Dark Yoga Session

If you’re looking to spice up your yoga and take a mental health break, join a glow-in-the-dark yoga session hosted by mental health awareness group StaySolid. The event aims to raise mental health awareness for youth, and the organization donates the proceeds from the session to sponsor youths in the DMV. Yoga mats, drinks, face masks and waiver slips will be provided for this socially distant beginner yoga session.

In person. 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. EST. Tickets are free but space is limited. RSVP via Eventbrite.