Weekend Outlook – Visit a colorful Artechouse DC exhibit

File Photo by Olivia Anderson
The “Spirit of Autumn” exhibit at Artechouse, which sits at 1238 Maryland Ave. SW, combines art and technology to transform each visitor into the main character of a virtual world through art that they help create.

Take a moment to turn off the news and tune out Twitter. You voted, you did your part. 

Now is the time to wait patiently for all of our votes to be counted in the presidential election. This weekend, as the results become clear, take your mind off of the election by visiting a new art exhibit, meditating or learning about cannabis.

Friday

Artechouse DC, Crystalline exhibit

Artechouse DC transformed its space into a homage to paint company Pantone’s “Color of the Year.” The exhibit, titled “Crystalline,” plays with the color blue through its manifestations in three of nature’s elements: earth, air and water. This multi-sensory experience is a colorful way to put your mind at ease this weekend.

Artechouse DC, 1238 Maryland Ave. SW, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. $24 for adults, $20 for students, seniors, military and first responders. Buy tickets here.

Saturday

Kadampa Meditation Center workshop

This half-day workshop consists of a sequence of guided meditations with instructor Gen Kelsang Choma. You can choose whether you want to stay for just the teaching, just the guided meditations or both. If you choose to pay for only one section, the price is reduced by half. The session is an ideal way to address anxiety, stress and distraction – especially after this week. 

Kadampa Meditation Center DC, 1200 Canal St. SW, 2 to 4:30 p.m. For both parts of the workshop tickets are  $25 for general public, $12.50 for students and seniors. Find more information here.

Sunday

Cannabis 101 webinar

On Election Day, voters in Arizona, Montana, New Jersey and South Dakota passed recreational cannabis use into law. If you live in one of those states or you’re a D.C. resident looking to learn about how you can use cannabis, tune in to this live webinar to learn about topics like cannabis consumption methods, the drug’s benefits and side effects and our bodies. The webinar will close with a Q&A session. 

Held via Zoom, 2 to 3 p.m. Tickets are $25. Find more information here.