Weekend Outlook – Light a candle and listen to Celtic tales

This+Sunday%2C+tune+into+three+storytellers+from+Ireland%2C+Scotland+and+Wales+delivering+local+Halloween+tales.+
Camille DeSanto | Assistant Photo Editor
This Sunday, tune into three storytellers from Ireland, Scotland and Wales delivering local Halloween tales.

Embrace Halloween weekend with a costume contest, online virtual market and a Celtic storytelling. 

Friday

Boo Bash Costume Contest

You can’t miss watching your peers and professors flaunt their costumes in this virtual costume contest. This weekend’s event will be hosted by GW Late Night on its Instagram Live. Participants can register under 10 categories like “best of 2020,” “best pet” and “best room and decorations.” Watch the show Friday as the winners of each category come together to compete for the title of “best overall costume.”

Instagram Live. 8 p.m. EDT. RSVP on GW Engage to receive more information. 

Saturday

A Geeky Halloween market

If you liken Halloween to games and treats, tune in to an online market featuring gifts and a costume contest. This “geeky” Halloween market allows you to get a head start on holiday shopping with items sold by vendors from around the world. In addition to picking up some gifts, you can participate in Halloween-themed discussion panels, a Q&A with vendors and a virtual raffle for prizes.

Facebook. 1 to 9 p.m. EDT. Tickets are free and can be found by registering via Eventbrite, but donations are encouraged and will go toward funding the prizes and entertainment. 

Sunday

Halloween Stories from three Celtic homelands

Light some candles and prepare for some traditional Celtic Halloween tales. Featuring three storytellers from Ireland, Scotland and Wales, you’ll hear local traditions, songs and stories. The tales intend to help you fight the upcoming winter months and look forward to the summer.

Zoom. 3 to 4:30 p.m. EST. Tickets can be purchased on Eventbrite via a “pay what you can” system.