Crime log: Terminated employee breaks table in pursuit of staff member

Simple Assault, Threats to do Bodily Harm, Destruction of Property

West Hall (Mount Vernon Campus)
10/6/2020 – 6:18 a.m.
Open Case

GW Police Department officers responded to a report of a terminated male employee who made threats of bodily harm. GWPD officers made contact with a male staff member who reported that when he terminated the then-employee, the subject became belligerent, chased him and broke a table. The victim stated he was not interested in legally pursuing the subject.

– Case open.

Assault with a Dangerous Weapon

Public Property On Campus (2200 Block of Virginia Avenue)
10/6/2020 – 12:30 p.m.
Open Case

GWPD officers responded to a report of an assault with a dangerous weapon. Upon arrival, officers made contact with a female victim who stated that an unknown male subject had chased her with a weapon. The victim believed the weapon to be a knife but wasn’t sure. GWPD officers canvassed the area with negative findings.

– Case open.

Theft II/From Building

Mitchell Hall (7-Eleven)
10/7/2020 – 6:27 p.m.
Open Case

GWPD officers responded to a report of theft at 7-Eleven. Upon arrival, GWPD officers made contact with the complainant who reported that an unknown male subject stole several cereal containers. GWPD officers canvassed the area with negative findings.

– Case open.

Traffic Accident: Hit and Run

Public Property on Campus (2100 Block of I Street)
Unknown – Unknown
Open Case

A female student reported that her loaner vehicle was damaged in a hit and run when it was parked on I Street. The damage to the driver’s side fender appeared to indicate that a commercial vehicle hit the student’s car.

– Case open.

Urinating or Defecating in Public

Parking Lot #3 (2003 H St.)
10/9/2020 – 5:11 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers observed an unknown male subject urinating behind a van running mammograms. GWPD officers issued the subject a bar notice and escorted him off GW property.

– Subject barred.

Simple Assault (Domestic Violence), Threats to do Bodily Harm, Destroying/Defacing Structure

Off Campus
Multiple – Multiple
Open Case

A female student reported that two male roommates were victims of simple assault and death threats. One of the victims reported that one of his other roommates assaulted him in their off-campus apartment. The victim reported that the subject recently left the apartment to live with his family. Both victims declined to notify the Metropolitan Police Department of the incident.

– Case open.

Burglary II/Non-Forcible

Tonic Restaurant
10/14/2020 – 8:30 p.m.
Open Case

GWPD officers responded to a female complainant’s report of burglary. Upon arrival, Tonic staff reported that an unknown male subject stole money from the office safe.

– Case open.

Harassment: Email and Electronic Media

Off Campus
10/15/2020 – 7:30 p.m.
Open Case

GWPD officers received a report from a male faculty member that several unknown people hacked his Zoom meeting and were shouting sexually explicit phrases.

– Case open.

– Compiled by Kateryna Stepaneko.