Weekend Outlook – Take a GW Trails hike in Rock Creek Park

GW Trails is hosting a hike for 10 that covers 4.5 miles through Rock Creek Park.

Take your study breaks on the road this weekend. Start off by taking part in a scavenger hunt, then attend a virtual comedy show and round it out with a hike just outside the District.

Friday

WRGW Presents: The Treasure Hunting Extravaganza of Excellence

If you’re stuck and home and looking for something to do on the first day of Fall Break, join WRGW District Radio for an interactive treasure hunt guided by radio hosts. You can work in teams if you participate with friends. The winners will receive prizes, like food delivery anywhere in the United States and limited edition WRGW merchandise.

To join in on the hunt, join the WRGW Discord Server at least 15 minutes before the event’s start at 8 p.m. Free. WRGW can be found online at gwradio.com and on Instagram @WRGW.

Saturday

Black Laughs Matter Virtual Comedy Show

Tune into an online comedy show live from San Francisco this Saturday. Hosted by comedian Chris Riggins, the show will feature Black comedians from the California Bay Area. Be sure to refresh the show’s website a few minutes before it starts because a secret Zoom link will be sent out to all who RSVP, but only the first 100 to join get in. After the Zoom show, you can stick around and hang out with the comedians.

RSVP on Eventbrite, and a Zoom link will be sent just before the show begins at 8 p.m. Free, but donations are appreciated. 

Sunday

GW Trails Rock Creek Park Hike

The District may feel dense with monuments and buildings, but it’s packed with areas to enjoy fresh air and the great outdoors. This free hike through Rock Creek Park is led by GW Trails and covers 4.5 miles with about 800 feet of elevation gain. To observe COVID-19 safety guidelines, the hike is capped at 10 people, and everyone is required to wear a mask.

Participants should meet at Kogan Plaza at 11 a.m., and participants will take the Metro to the trail. Registration and more information can be found here.