Weekend Outlook – Head to The REACH for a pop-up meal from Brothers and Sisters

Celebrate+the+end+to+your+week+%E2%80%93+or+the+start+to+a+new+one+%E2%80%93+at+Victura+Park%2C+a+pop-up+wine+garden+located+at+the+Kennedy+Center%E2%80%99s+REACH.+
File Photo by Arielle Bader | Assistant Photo Editor
Celebrate the end to your week – or the start to a new one – at Victura Park, a pop-up wine garden located at the Kennedy Center’s REACH.

Autumn is here, and your days of heat and humidity are now few and far between. Take advantage of the cooler weather this weekend by attending a book festival, heading to a drive-in movie and sipping on a glass of wine along the Potomac River.

Friday

National Book Festival

If you’ve been meaning to find something new to read, sign up for the National Book Festival. The event is typically held annually at the Library of Congress, but it’s taking place online this year. You can build your own schedule over the three-day-long event and register for book discussions, chats with authors like Jason Reynolds and live reading sessions of newly released novels. If you haven’t yet visited the Library of Congress in person, registration will also grant you access to a digital tour of the library’s collections.

Register here. Begins at 11 a.m. Free.

Saturday

Drive-in movie at Park Up

If you miss the big screen, grab a sleeping bag and head over to the District’s only drive-in movie theater to watch Spike Lee’s “Do the Right Thing” on a 60-foot HD LED screen. Park Up’s food service works a bit differently, so you need to pre-order snacks and food before the showing. And if raunchy humor isn’t your thing, there is also a showing of “Sonic the Hedgehog” earlier in the evening.

2400 East Capitol St. NE. Guests are recommended to arrive 6:30 p.m. Tickets start at $29.

Sunday

Wine along the Potomac

Finish off your week with a glass of wine and a good book at Victura Park – a pop-up wine garden and cafe located at the Kennedy Center’s REACH expansion. Curated by Chef Eric Bruner-Yang – the mastermind behind the Brothers and Sisters restaurant in Adams Morgan – the menu features shared plates like a charcuterie board ($18) as well as meals like a lamb burger or grilled chicken sandwich (both $20). You can also choose from a selection of wines, beers and cocktails.

2700 F St. NW. Open from 12 to 8 p.m.