Crime log: MPD arrests man for picking flowers at GW Hospital

Theft II/All Other Larceny

CVS Pharmacy (The Shops at 2000 Penn)
9/14/2020 – 6:30 a.m.
Open Case

The reporting person stated that an unknown subject entered the store and approached the bathing products before looking around and grabbing several large CVS shopping bags from behind the counter. The subject returned to the bathing products and filled the bags with 50 Dial soap dispensers, initially valued at $250, before exiting the store without paying.

– Open case.

Shoplifting

Mitchell Hall (7-Eleven)
9/14/2020 – 4:22 p.m.
Closed Case

A female complainant reported a male subject was shoplifting. GWPD officers responded to the scene and apprehended the man who said he had shoplifted hygienic items. Officers gathered the stolen items, which were actually Ben & Jerry’s ice cream and a Coke, and returned them to the store clerk. Officers barred the man and escorted him from the store.

– Subject barred.

Theft II/From Building

CVS Pharmacy (The Shops at 2000 Penn)
9/14/2020 – 7:14 p.m.
Open Case

The reporting person stated an unknown subject entered the store and stole five laundry items worth a total of $82.50.

– Open case.

Destruction of Property Less Than $1000

GW Hospital
9/18/2020 – 12:45 p.m.
Closed Case

Metropolitan Police Department Officer Tramaine Albert Williams was informed that 25-year-old Alphonso Johnson was picking flowers from University property outside the GW Hospital on 23rd Street. MPD officers escorted Johnson away from the hospital, but he returned and continued to pull up flowers from the property. MPD Officer Angela Bracey arrested Johnson and transported him to the Second District Police Station for processing. He damaged 40 flowers worth a total of $1,000 during the incident.

– Cleared by arrest.

– Compiled by Jarrod Wardwell and Kateryna Stepaneko.