Weekend Outlook – Explore the reopened National Arboretum

Camille DeSanto | Assistant Photo Editor
Visit the U.S. National Arboretum, open now with reduced hours, this weekend.

Spend your weekend exploring a couple reopened museums for the first time this summer. Walk through the National Arboretum, sip on a mimosa after a yoga class and tour D.C.’s historic Hillwood Museum and Gardens.

Friday

The National Arboretum reopening

Take a masked, socially distanced walk through the gardens at the National Arboretum, which reopened to visitors Monday. All buildings and a few outdoor gardens are closed, but most of the 412-acre park will be free for your perusal. About 200 cars will be allowed in at a time, and most roads inside the arboretum will be closed.

3501 New York Ave. NE, 1 to 5 p.m. Free. Find more information here.

Saturday

Yoga and mimosas

De-stress in Alexandria, Virginia this weekend with a yoga class followed by mimosas. Take a trip on the Metro to reach a two-hour-long yoga class outside the Westin Hotel. Each ticket includes a free mimosa, and those below 21 years old can attend the class but won’t receive a drink. Masks are required, and guests are asked to bring their own yoga mats.

The Westin Hotel, 2080 Jamieson Ave., Alexandria, Virginia. 9 to 11 a.m., tickets are $5.

Sunday

Hillwood Museum and Gardens

This former home of Marjorie Merriweather Post, a prominent D.C. philanthropist, socialite and art collector in the early 20th century, is now reopen for visitors. Guests must make a timed reservation online before visiting the estate, which is surrounded by a garden and includes a curated collection of Post’s art inside her mansion.

4155 Linnean Ave. NW, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Suggested donation $18. Make reservations here.