Person arrested near International House for shattering Metrobus door

Metro Transit Police Department officers arrested a person across the street from International House for shattering a Metrobus door Tuesday, according to a Metropolitan Police Department report.

The report states officers arrested the person at 2121 Virginia Ave. after the suspect kicked and shattered a Metrobus door when bus driver Michael Kelley Dunston refused to allow the person onto the bus. Earlier that night, the suspect had entered the vehicle at the Naylor Road Metro station in Temple Hills, Maryland at about 7:56 p.m. and “slept the entire time” during a route to 2100 Virginia Ave., the report states.

The person stepped off the bus at 2100 Virginia Ave. when Dunston parked the vehicle and took his break at 8:40 p.m., but when Dunston returned, the suspect tried boarding the bus a second time, according to the report. The report states that when Dunston refused to let the suspect back onto the vehicle, the person “threatened” Dunston who then delivered an “emergency radio run” to the department at about 9:12 p.m.

The report states Raymond Yslas, a MTPD officer, arrived at the scene and found the suspect at the bus stop at 2121 Virginia Ave. in the custody of a Secret Service officer listed as “Weaver.” The report states Yslas arrested and charged the suspect with destruction of property less than $1,000 at 9:28 p.m.

MPD officers charged the suspect for failing to identify himself at the scene of the arrest, a charge that remains open because the person provided different names and birthdays at the scene and the Second District police station, according to the report. The report states officers also charged the suspect for failing to appear in D.C. Superior Court after they found a Superior Court warrant for the suspect for simple assault.

Two other MTPD officers also responded to the incident, one to process and the other to search the scene, the report states.

MPD spokeswoman Brianna Jordan did not return a request for comment.