Weekend Outlook – Attend a drag brunch at Harlot DC

Stop+by+Harlot+DCs+new+location+in+the+U+Street+corridor+for+Drag+Brunch.+
Camille DeSanto | Assistant Photo Editor
Stop by Harlot DC’s new location in the U Street corridor for Drag Brunch.

The eclectic and fast-paced atmosphere of D.C. is returning as more businesses reopen.

Make the most of the city’s culture and start your week off at a photography webinar with National Geographic, then enjoy a drag brunch at Harlot DC and end it with a Black Lives Matter activist yoga class on the National Mall.

Friday

Photography conversation with National Geographic

If you’re keen on exploration, join National Geographic photographers Evgenia Arbugaeva and Jorge Panchoaga Friday to discuss the backstories and inspirations from some of their most famous works. Their YouTube live stream is open to the public, but you need to register in advance if you want to actively participate and ask questions. 

Watch here at 2 p.m. EDT. Free. 

Saturday

Drag Brunch 

Nothing screams “D.C.” more than brunch, and you can check out a drag show while you’re at it Saturday. Check out the lounge Harlot DC’s new location in the U Street corridor for a buffet and mimosas while you watch “over the top” portrayals of celebrities like Miley Cyrus and Beyoncé. Make your reservation online early, as seats are expected to run out quickly, according to the Eventbrite page.

Book a free reservation on Eventbrite. 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. EDT. 

Sunday

Black Lives Matter and yoga

If you need a day to heal your mind and body, join wellness guru Rachel Baloy in front of the National Museum of African American History and Culture for a sunset vinyasa session. People of all different practice levels are welcome, but participants are asked to donate to the session’s chosen fundraiser or organization helping the political and social advancement of Black Americans. All proceeds will be delivered to the civil rights organization Color of Change

7:30 p.m. EDT. Recommended donation of between $7 to $25. Register here