Cost of attendance payment plan to drop from five to four months

Officials will shorten the length of the payment plan for students to pay their cost of attendance beginning this fall, a University spokeswoman said.

The University’s monthly payment system, which previously allowed students to make five monthly installments, will now operate on a four-month billing system starting fall 2020, according to the student accounts website. University spokeswoman Crystal Nosal said administrators updated the payment plan to more closely align it to when invoices were issued and resolve the overlap between the summer plan, for the fall semester, and the fall plan, for the spring semester, for families that enroll in both.

Students who enroll between June 11 and July 21 will pay four monthly installments from July to October, the student accounts website states. Students who enroll following the first early enrollment period will be charged the missed July payment at registration and pay for the next three months, the website states.

Nosal said although the length of the eBill payment plan has changed, the balance students will need to pay has not. She said the new plan starts one month later than in previous years, so families can either choose to save funds in June and November, when students can enroll in a plan, to use in the later months or submit a down payment upon enrollment to reduce their overall payments.

“If students require financial assistance we recommend that they reach out to our Office of Student Financial Assistance,” Nosal said in an email.