Virtual Weekend Outlook – Celebrate Pride at a virtual performance

Celebrate Pride virtually with live music and drag queen performances and a webinar focused on the intersection of race and gender identity.

Spend your second weekend into June celebrating Pride, pushing for social justice and documenting your pandemic experiences. Begin Friday listening to a discussion on the history of racism in America, spend Saturday supporting queer artists following D.C.’s lockdown and wrap up the weekend contributing to a time capsule of experiences from the pandemic.

Friday

Modern race relations: A conversation with a queer Black woman

A League Of Her Own, a queer sports bar in Adams Morgan, will host a webinar to discuss the intersection of race, queer history and police brutality. Life and fitness coach Rachel Pike will sit down with entrepreneur Sheri Trice to talk about the history of racism and police brutality in the United States through the perspective of a queer Black person, according to its Facebook page.

Free, 7 to 8:30 p.m. EST. Join the Zoom webinar with this link.

Saturday

Virtual pride show

Trade, a queer D.C. night club, is hosting a virtual show to highlight queer performers like Ana Latour and Blaq Dinamyte. Funds collected from the show will help support the Queer Artist Collective – a support group dedicated to helping queer artists following the District’s lockdown. Spend the night listening to live music performances and watching drag queens like Sylvanna Duvél take the stage – from your computer.

Free at 9 p.m. EST, but donations to artists are appreciated via Venmo. Find more information here.

Sunday

In real time: Collecting current events

The D.C. History Center is creating a time capsule for Washingtonians to document their lives during the COVID-19 pandemic. Participants are encouraged to gather items, document on camera and create artwork that represents what their life is like during the pandemic. Use some of your Sunday free time to contribute to the time capsule – it will go down in history.

Free, find more information here.