GW Dining, RHA compile cookbook of student recipes

GW Dining is piecing together students’ tried and true cooking recipes into a cookbook.

Students were invited Monday to share an ingredient list, cooking instructions and a description of their go-to or signature family recipes, which will be compiled into a cookbook and posted in residence halls and online. GW Dining program coordinator Jill Morgan said staff and members of the Residence Hall Association hope to complete a physical cookbook by the time students are back on campus.

“After creative discussions with RHA, we thought it would be great to develop a cookbook that has more advanced and diverse recipes submitted by students,” she said in an email.

Morgan said the project was inspired by GW Dining’s “5 Ingredients or Less” cookbook created last summer. She said GW Dining and RHA members wanted to create a more exhaustive document using ideas from students.

She added that students who submit their recipes will have the opportunity to film a cooking video featuring their dish, and the clip will be shared on GW Dining social media platforms.

Students can offer as many recipes as they wish, and the cookbook will be updated annually as submissions filter in, Morgan said.

“Our aim with the community cookbook is to get as many students engaged as possible,” she said. “We want the cookbook to be collaborative across the whole student body.”