Virtual Weekend Outlook – Pick up a new skill with MasterClass

Photo Illustration by Camille DeSanto | Staff Photographer
MasterClass is a virtual learning platform where subscribers can learn a variety of skills from celebrities in the field, like British chef Gordon Ramsay and director Martin Scorsese.

You might be on your computer studying or writing papers, but there are sites to log onto other than your Google Drive. Kick off your Friday at a virtual music festival, then spend the rest of the weekend picking up a new skill and watching an opera show online.

Friday

Room Service Music Festival – Presented by Trap Nation & Chill Nation

Start the weekend dancing your heart out with artists like Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, JOYRIDE and Adam Melchor during Room Service’s annual, now virtual, music festival. The show will be broadcasted on YouTube from Friday to Sunday, and all of the proceeds will go toward Feeding America and Sweet Relief, which supports financially struggling musicians experiencing an illness or age-related issue. RSVP to attend this virtual festival, and find more information about it on Room Service Music Festival’s page.

Room Service Music Festival Live on YouTube, RSVP for free, donations encouraged.

Saturday

MasterClass Online Classes

MasterClass is an online learning platform that gives you access to more than 80 classes taught by celebrity professionals. MasterClass is currently offering a deal which gives you a two-year subscription for the price of one at $180. There are about 20 lessons per course, all taught by a celebrity instructors like British chef Gordon Ramsay, director Martin Scorsese and Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour. Whether you’re interested in film, culinary arts, writing or photography, MasterClass is an accessible platform to hone in on a skill from home.

MasterClass.com, $180 for two annual subscriptions, offer ends April 29 at 11:59 p.m.

Sunday

Met Opera Streaming of Rossini’s La Cenerentola

The Metropolitan Opera closed last month, but it has been offering live streams of its shows since April 9. Whether you want to dress up for the event or watch in sweats, tune in Sunday to watch a live showing of Rossini’s La Cenerentola. The operas are only available to view for 23 hours after they livestream. You can learn more about the event in advance here.

April 26 at 7:30 p.m., show is available to watch until April 27 at 6:30 p.m. EST, Metopera.org, viewing is free.