Crime log: Two males released into parents’ custody after breaking into West Hall

Drug Law Violation

Thurston Hall
4/9/2020 – 11:35 a.m.
Closed Case

GW Police Department officers responded to Thurston Hall where an area coordinator found a bong and a grinder in a male student’s room. The officers collected the contraband and brought the items to the Academic Center.

– Referred to the Division of Student Affairs.

Drug Law Violation

Thurston Hall
4/9/2020 – 5:10 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers responded to Thurston Hall where an area coordinator found a bong in a male student’s room. The officers collected the bong and brought it to the Academic Center.

– Referred to DSA.

Burglary I/Forcible

West Hall (MVC)
4/13/2020 – 7:15 p.m.
Open Case

A GWPD officer found two males not affiliated with GW in West Hall who admitted to removing window screens and entering the building. The officer issued one subject a bar notice and released both to the custody of their parents.

– Case open.

Unlawful Entry

Duques Hall
4/14/2020 – 2:08 a.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers responded to a report of an unknown man asleep in a classroom. The officers discovered the subject was previously barred. GWPD reissued the subject a new bar notice and sent him out of the building.

– Subject barred.

Destruction of Property/Vandalism, Theft II/From Motor Vehicle

Public Property On Campus (2100 Block of G Street)
Unknown – Unknown
Closed Case

A GWPD officer found a parked car with a destroyed rear window. The male owner of the vehicle reported a key stolen from his car.

– No suspects or witnesses.

Drug Law Violation

Thurston Hall
4/14/2020 – 6:50 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers responded to Thurston Hall where an area coordinator reported marijuana in a female student’s room. The officers collected the marijuana and brought it to the Academic Center.

– Referred to DSA.

Theft II/From Building

Mitchell Hall (7-Eleven)
4/15/2020 – 12:03 a.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers responded to a report of an unknown woman exiting the store without paying for her items. The subject had fled the scene by the time officers arrived.

– No identifiable suspect.

Drug Law Violation

Thurston Hall
4/15/2020 – 5:31 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers responded to Thurston Hall where an area coordinator reported marijuana in a male student’s room. The officers collected the marijuana and brought it to the Academic Center.

– Referred to DSA.
– Compiled by Kateryna Stepanenko.