Virtual Weekend Outlook – Bake with Bread Ahead

Follow+along+with+London-based+bakery+Bread+Aheads+lesson+for+how+to+make+the+perfect+cinnamon+rolls.+
Photo Illustration by Camille DeSanto | Staff Photographer
Follow along with London-based bakery Bread Ahead’s lesson for how to make the perfect cinnamon rolls.

As the weather gets warmer, staying home gets harder. But there are a few ways to keep yourself busy this weekend. Start your weekend practicing mindfulness, then watch a Broadway show and end the weekend learning a new recipe.

Friday

Become an expert in mindfulness

Manifestation coach Lacy Phillips created a free online course called “Self Quarantine Tools + Support.” The course includes lessons on handling loneliness, staying balanced and journaling to cope with quarantine. Users can navigate the lectures at their own pace and train themselves to teach these skills to friends through discussions called “Magnetic Meetups.” Phillips is also the founder of “To Be Magnetic,” an online guide to manifesting and holistic living, and the creator of the “EXPANDED” podcast, which teaches lessons on ways to stay grounded.

Register here. Free.

Saturday

Watch a Broadway show

New York City’s lockdown has made it impossible to catch a Broadway show right now, but BroadwayHD has a solution. The digital streaming service houses all the classic Broadway musicals, Shakespeare plays, foreign theater and more. Take advantage of a free seven-day trial and curl up on the couch for a night of drama.

BroadwayHD. Free seven-day trial then $8.99/month.

Sunday

Bake Cinnamon Rolls

Bread Ahead, a London-based bakery, is trying to help you have fun in the kitchen with daily baking lessons. During Sunday’s lesson, the chef will teach his audience how to make a cinnamon roll with only nine ingredients. The necessary ingredients, many of which are probably already in your pantry, are posted ahead of the lesson to give bakers time to prepare. All you need to do is tune in on Bread Ahead’s website and follow along.

Online at 2 p.m. GMT+1. Free.