Nursing school master’s program leaps 10 spots in U.S. News and World Report

The+Master+of+Science+in+Nursing+program+earned+the+No.+33+spot+out+of+236+ranked+U.S.+programs+in+U.S.+News+and+World+Report.+
The Master of Science in Nursing program earned the No. 33 spot out of 236 ranked U.S. programs in U.S. News and World Report.

A master’s program in the School of Nursing rose 10 spots in the U.S. News and World Report’s 2020 rankings, according to a nursing school release published last week.

The Master of Science in Nursing program earned the No. 33 spot out of 236 ranked U.S. programs based on metrics like student retention, affordability and academic rigor, according to the release. Pamela Jeffries, the nursing school dean, said the jump in rankings can be attributed to the joint efforts of faculty, staff, students and alumni.

“I’m pleased that GW continues to rank among the best nursing programs in the country,” Jeffries said in an email. “We’ve all worked together to position our school— in this our 10th year —among the top tier of nursing schools nationwide.”

The school’s Doctor of Nursing Practice program earned the No. 45 spot out of 170 schools included in the ranking, the release states.

The school’s online MSN program earned the No. 6 spot in the U.S. News rankings in January, maintaining a place among the top ten programs for the second consecutive year.