Weekend Outlook – Visit a new exhibit at the National Museum of Women in the Arts

The+art+exhibit+Graciela+Iturbide%E2%80%99s+Mexico%E2%80%9D+at+the+Museum+of+Women+in+the+Arts+features+140+photographs+that+chronicle+the+beauty+and+complexities+of+the+artist%E2%80%99s+home+country.+
Ian Saville | Staff Photographer
The art exhibit “Graciela Iturbide’s Mexico” at the Museum of Women in the Arts features 140 photographs that chronicle the beauty and complexities of the artist’s home country.

Head into the beginning of March exploring fine arts, comedy and music. Throughout the weekend, you can visit an exhibit dedicated to female art, check out a local bar or stop by an underground art market.

Friday

‘Graciela Iturbide’s Mexico’

Visit the National Museum of Women in the Arts Friday to check out the unveiling of a new exhibit. “Graciela Iturbide’s Mexico” features 140 photographs that chronicle the beauty and complexities of the artist’s home country. The exhibit is divided into nine sections, all of which touch on the inequalities, traditions and rituals found in Seri, Juchitán and Mixtec societies. You can also view photos of the items left in Mexican painter Frida Kahlo’s home after her death. The exhibit is on display until May 25.

National Museum of Women in the Arts, 1250 New York Ave. NW. Admission is $10 for adults and $8 for students. Open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m.

Saturday

DC Weekend Blues Comedy Showcase

If you’re looking for music and a laugh, Columbia Station in Adams Morgan is hosting a comedy night along with jazz performances together in one hybrid show. The night begins with a jazz show in the lower lounge, followed by a comedy show in the upstairs area. If you stick around for the whole night, you can catch another jazz show later in the evening for a night of double entertainment.

Columbia Station, 2325 18th St. NW, 9 to 10:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased in advance to guarantee a spot. 21+.

Sunday

ArtRave Underground Sunday Market

Dupont Underground and Art Rave are coming together to host a weekly Sunday art market in a former streetcar station to support local artists. Pieces like handmade jewelry and paintings from more than 50 artists and makers are featured in the market for attendees to check out, according to the event Facebook page.

Dupont Underground, 19 Dupont Circle NW on the backside of Starbucks, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., free.