Weekend Outlook – Grab Valentine’s Day drinks at Madhatter

Head+to+MadHatters+Love+Me%2FLove+Me+Not+party+Friday+for+a+happy+hour+and+free+champagne.+
Sabrina Godin | Staff Photographer
Head to MadHatter’s Love Me/Love Me Not party Friday for a happy hour and free champagne.

Updated: Feb. 13, 2020 at 5:04 p.m.

Stretch your Valentine’s Day celebrations into this weekend with a party at the Madhatter, then learn about the history of pop culture at the Library of Congress. Wrap up your weekend exploring an exhibition of photos showing indigenous groups in Mexico at the National Museum of Women in the Arts.

Friday

Love Me/Love Me Not Party

Bring your galentines or significant other to the Alice in Wonderland-themed Madhatter restaurant in Dupont Circle for a Valentine’s Day bash. You can start off the day eating lunch at the restaurant’s pasta bar, then roll into the evening with a Cupid-themed dance party from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. Madhatter is also offering a happy hour and a dinner special that includes free champagne and a free dessert with purchase of an entrée.

Madhatter Restaurant, 1319 Connecticut Ave. NW, noon to 2 a.m.

Saturday

Hope for America: Performers, Politics and Pop Culture

This special event at the Library of Congress chronicles the relationship between pop culture and politics throughout American history, highlighting the careers of comedian Bob Hope and other entertainers who weighed in on American politics through their work. Make a day of the trip by heading to nearby Eastern Market for crafts, local produce and lunch.

Bob Hope Gallery of American Entertainment at the Library of Congress, 10 1st St. SE, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., free. Eastern Market, 225 7th St. SE, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., free.

Sunday

American Ballet Theatre: ‘Giselle’

Sit back and relax with a beautiful ballet Sunday. The American Ballet Theatre will perform the world famous ballet, “Giselle”, at Kennedy Center. A tale of love, heartbreak and forgiveness, “Giselle” is a timeless classic. The last time ABT performed “Giselle” in The Kennedy Center Opera House was almost 15 years ago. From the music to the movement to the costumes, everything about the ballet is charming.

The Kennedy Center Opera House, 2700 F St. NW, 1:30 p.m., tickets range from $49-295.

This post was updated to correct the following:
Information from Sunday’s weekend outlook included an incorrect date. An event has been added with the correct date. We regret this error.