Redshirt junior forwards to leave program after 2019-20 season

Redshirt junior forwards Sarah Overcash and Olivia Gumbs will not return for their final year of eligibility at GW, head coach Jennifer Rizzotti announced Monday.

The duo joined the program for the 2017-18 season and sat out the same year per NCAA transfer rules. With a fifth year of eligibility remaining, the two have decided to end their tenure with the program after this season.

“I feel so fortunate that Liv and Sarah chose to finish their undergraduate careers at GW,” Rizzotti said in the release. “They have been a big part of how we’ve built our foundation since I’ve arrived and have consistently represented what I believe in as the leaders of our program.”

Overcash joined the program from Illinois. During the 2018-19 season, she played in 30 games, making 12 starts. Overcash averaged two points and 3.4 rebounds in 14.4 minutes per game.

Gumbs transferred from Lafayette. She averaged 2.7 points, firing at a .367 clip for the 2018-19 season. She started two games and appeared in 23 in the same season.

This season, Overcash and Gumb have appeared in 12 and nine games, respectively, averaging a combined 7.2 minutes per game. They were also a member of LEAPP, a leadership program for student-athletes. Overcash will leave with a degree in psychology and Gumbs with a degree in international affairs.

They will be honored, along with graduate students guard Ariel Stephenson and forward Alexandra Maund, before the game against Richmond Feb. 29 for senior day.