Crime log: Student activates fire alarm after GWorld access into West Hall denied

False Fire Alarm

West Hall
12/21/2019 – 2:05 p.m.
Closed Case

GW Police Department officers responded to a fire alarm activation and discovered that a male student activated the fire alarm after his GWorld card access was denied.

– Referred to the Division for Student Affairs.

Theft II/From Building

District House
12/21/2019 – 2:30 p.m.
Open Case

A female student reported that her clothes were taken from her residence hall room while she was moving her belongings to a new room.

– Case open.

Theft II/From Building, Simple Assault

Mitchell Hall (7-Eleven Stores)
12/28/2019 – 10:41 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD and Metropolitan Police Department officers responded to a report that a non-GW affiliated man stole cigarettes and pushed a 7-Eleven employee. GWPD arrested the man for theft and simple assault and issued him a bar notice. MPD transported the man to the Second District police station for arrest processing.

– Subject arrested.

Destruction of Fixtures/Vandalism

1922 F St.
Unknown – Unknown
Closed Case

A female staff member reported that an unidentified man was possibly sleeping in 1922 F St. and vandalizing the premises in the process. GWPD officers believe the man has slept in the location more than once. Officers made contact with the subject, barred him and sent him on his way.

– Subject barred.

Extortion

2208 F St.
1/2/2020 – 9:45 a.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers responded to a report of two male students in a dispute. One student had taken personal property, clothing, a cell phone and wallet from the other and demanded monetary compensation for the return of property. While officers were on scene, the property was returned to the rightful owner, resolving the dispute.

– Referred to DSA.

Theft II/ From Building

Shenkman Hall
1/3/2020 – 2:15 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers responded to a report that a non-GW affiliated man stole a candy bar from the Gallery Market. The officers located the subject, who was issued a warning bar notice and escorted off the property.

– Subject barred.

Sexual Assault

Public Property on Campus (2300 Block of G Street)
1/4/2020 – 4:20 a.m.
Closed Case

GWPD and MPD officers responded to a report of a sexual assault involving a non-GW man and woman. The man was gone when officers arrived, and MPD officers transported the woman to the Washington Hospital Center for evaluation.

– Referred to MPD.

Destruction of Property/Vandalism

Hand Chapel (MVC)
Unknown – Unknown
Closed Case

A female staff member reported a discharged fire extinguisher at the Hand Chapel.

– No suspects or witnesses.

– Compiled by Kateryna Stepanenko.