On-campus jobs to be listed on new University-managed system

On-campus jobs will be listed on a new University-managed recruiting system instead of Handshake starting in December, according to a University release.

The new Student Employment Talent Management System, which is managed by the Center for Career Services’ Student Employment unit, will list both federal work-study jobs and on-campus positions open to all students starting Dec. 3. The new system will be accessed through the career services center’s website, the release states.

The streamlined process will create shorter wait times between receiving a job offer and beginning in the job. Handshake will continue to advertise off-campus job and internship opportunities and career events, according to the release.

“Handshake will remain the primary source for students finding off-campus jobs and internships, career events, coaching appointments and career development resources across all schools,” the email states.

The system will allow students to narrow their search results when job searching – students can filter by keyword, location on campus or whether the position is a work-study. The system also combines the process from job searches up until being officially hired, with checklists for students to “more easily track” required actions prior to employment, according to the release.