Weekend Outlook – Dance to 2000s hits at Black Cat Friday

From+Daft+Punk+to+Walk+the+Moon%2C+Black+Cat+is+playing+all+the+indie+2000s+hits+Saturday.+
Sydney Walsh | Photographer
From Daft Punk to Walk the Moon, Black Cat is playing all the indie 2000s hits Saturday.

It’s the final homestretch before Thanksgiving break. Whether you’re already in vacation mode or are procrastinating your looming finals, fill up the weekend with a dance party and two events to kick off the holiday season.

Friday

TAKE ME OUT – 2000s Indie Dance Party

Did someone say #FlashBackFriday? Listen to some major throwback tracks Friday at the TAKE ME OUT – 2000s Indie Dance Party at the Black Cat DC from 9 p.m. to the early hours of Saturday morning. You can dance your heart out to some of the best bops of the 2000s from artists like Daft Punk, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Walk the Moon. Tickets are $10 to $12 and can be purchased on Eventbrite.

Black Cat DC, 1811 14th St. NW, 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Tickets are $10 to $12.

Saturday

Enchant Christmas Light Maze

The world’s largest light maze is coming to D.C. The Enchant Christmas Light Maze will be open at Nationals Park from 4:30 to 11 p.m. starting this weekend and ending Dec. 29. Visitors can wander through this interactive maze and admire sparkling lights and snow flurries on foot or ice skates and stop at local vendors that will pop up at the venue. The spectacle is not only in D.C. –  you can also visit Enchant Christmas light mazes in Seattle or St. Petersburg, Fla.

Nationals Park, 1500 S Capitol St. SE, open 4:30 to 11 p.m. daily, $19.99-$39.99. Students and military discounts available.

Sunday

Downtown Holiday Market

This weekend marks the opening of D.C.’s Downtown Holiday Market, an annual outdoor venue you can venture to on a Metro line to Metro Center station. The market is open from noon to 8 p.m. every day until Dec. 23, so stop by to explore 150 vendors and food booths selling everything from handmade jewelry to mini donuts. You can also listen to live music from performers like the Jersey Boys and the Capital Hearings, a D.C. a capella ensemble.

F & Eighth streets NW, open noon to 8 p.m. daily, free admission.