Weekend Outlook – Watch queens perform at the GW Drag Show

GW+Class+Council+is+throwing+a+drag+show+in+the+Marvin+Center+Amphitheater+Saturday+during+Trans+Awareness+Week+celebrations.+
Jack Fonseca | Assistant Photo Editor
GW Class Council is throwing a drag show in the Marvin Center Amphitheater Saturday during Trans Awareness Week celebrations.

During Trans Awareness Week, there is no shortage of events. Support local LGBTQ comedians and performers at the District Queer Comedy Festival. Then, head over to the Marvin Center to watch a drag show hosted by the GW Class Council, and finish off your weekend ice skating in Georgetown.

Friday

District Queer Comedy Festival

Hosted by Comedic Pursuits and LGBTQ AF, watch local LGBTQ comedians like Joyce Reber and Shawn Banks show off their senses of humor at the DC Arts Center in Adams Morgan. The festival will take place all weekend, but you can get a first look at the show Friday at 7 or 9:30 p.m. Once the show is over, head over to an after party at Mellow Mushroom.

DC Arts Center, 2438 18th St. NW, 7 p.m., $15.

Saturday

GW Drag Show

GW is hosting a number of events to celebrate and recognize Trans Awareness Week from Nov. 11 to 21. If you’re looking to spend your Saturday on campus, head over to the Marvin Center’s third-floor amphitheater to watch GW student drag performers in the Class Council’s first drag show. If you can’t make the show, there are other ways to take part in the week, including a Trans Day of Remembrance Wednesday or a discussion about survivors in the trans community Tuesday.

Marvin Center, 7 to 8:30 p.m., free, but any donations go toward Casa Ruby.

Sunday

Ice skating in Georgetown

Take advantage of the dropping temperatures and get into the holiday spirit by ice skating at D.C.’s largest outdoor rink, which is opening this weekend for the 2019-20 season. The grand fountain near the Georgetown waterfront will transform into a large patch of ice. To top off the outing, you can eat out at one of several restaurants around the rink, including Farmers Fishers Bakers.

The Washington Harbor, 3050 K St. NW, $10 admission fee, $6 skate rentals.