Crime log: Multiple students arrested for domestic, sexual assault

Unlawful Entry, Urinating in Public

Stockton Hall (Law School)
10/23/2019 – 11:43 a.m.
Closed Case

GW Police Department officers responded to a report of a female who urinated on the first floor of the GW Law School and refused to leave. GWPD officers arrested the subject and issued her a bar notice. Metropolitan Police Department officers responded to the scene and transported the subject to the Second District police station.

– Subject arrested.

Traffic Accident: Hit and Run

Public Property on Campus (2200 Block of I Street)
10/24/2019 – 8:32 a.m.
Closed Case

A male staff member reported that he observed damage done to the rear bumper of his vehicle, which was parked on the street. The staff member did not report the incident to MPD.

– No further action.

Theft II/From Building

Mitchell Hall (7-Eleven Store)
10/26/2019 – 5:02 a.m.
Closed Case

GWPD responded to a report of a man stealing two bars of Dove soap. The responding officers located and identified the subject. The soap was returned to the store, and GWPD barred the subject.

– Subject barred.

Simple Assault (Domestic Violence)

Thurston Hall
10/25/2019 – 11:49 a.m.
Closed Case

GWPD responded to Thurston Hall for a report that two male roommates were involved in a physical altercation. The students were arguing, and one of the students pushed the other in the “thoracic region,” according to an MPD report. MPD officers responded to the scene, arrested Kareem Al Ali and Joseph Gursky and transported them to the Second District police station for processing. Gursky declined to comment, and Al Ali did not return a request for comment.

– Referred to the Office of Enrollment and the Student Experience.

Harassment: Email and Electronic Media

Thurston Hall

Multiple – Multiple
Open Case
A female student reported to GWPD that she received several unwanted text messages.

– Case open.

Attempted Fraud, Theft II/From Building

Marvin Center
10/27/2019 – Unknown
Closed Case

A female student reported to GWPD that someone stole her wallet and that several fraudulent charges were attempted on her credit card.

– No suspects or witnesses.

Simple Assault, Threats to do Bodily Harm

Public Property On Campus (2100 Block of G Street)
10/30/2019 – 2:05 a.m.
Closed Case

GWPD responded to a report that a male suspect was threatening and cursing at a male staff member and a male contractor on the sidewalk. The man bumped into the staff member. GWPD officers made contact with the suspect. MPD officers arrested the subject and transported him to the Second District police station for processing.

– Subject arrested.

Sexual Assault, Attempted Manufacturing of Drugs, Simple Assault (Domestic Violence), Liquor Law Violation

Thurston Hall
10/31/2019 – 2:44 a.m.
Closed Case

GWPD responded to Thurston Hall for a report that two male roommates were involved in a domestic and sexual assault against each other. One of the students admitted to using prohibited items to attempt to manufacture drugs. Housing officials conducted an administrative search, during which they found a bottle of alcohol. The evidence was transported to the Academic Center for processing, and the alcohol was disposed of on scene.

– Referred to the Title IX Office.
– Compiled by Kateryna Stepanenko.