University drops surprise Kanye West visit at Lisner

Dozens+of+students+wrapped+around+Lisner+early+Saturday+morning+waiting+to+pick+up+tickets+to+watch+Kanye+West+perform.+Officials+announced+at+midnight+a+surprise+visit+from+West%2C+promising+to+give+up+to+150+students+free+tickets+at+the+box+office+after+online+tickets+sold+out+earlier+this+morning.+
Dozens of students wrapped around Lisner early Saturday morning waiting to pick up tickets to watch Kanye West perform. Officials announced at midnight a surprise visit from West, promising to give up to 150 students free tickets at the box office after online tickets sold out earlier this morning.

Kanye West will preview his highly anticipated “Jesus is King: A Kanye West Experience” album at Lisner Auditorium Saturday.

The University announced the surprise visit on Instagram and Twitter at midnight the day of the show, which will begin at 2 p.m. Online ticket sales sold out earlier Saturday morning, but students can snag up to 150 free tickets at the Lisner box office Saturday beginning at 10 a.m.

Students have begun to camp outside of Lisner to wait in line for the box office to open. They are allowed one ticket per GWorld identification.

West has embarked on a series of listening shows across the country to discuss his upcoming ninth studio album “Jesus is King.” During the events – which began as private, invite-only discussions – West has played drafts of his songs and a version of the album’s accompanying documentary, according to Vox.