Weekend Outlook – Jam out to live music at All Things Go

Take a break from midterms at the annual All Things Go festival.

During your midterm breaks, venture to the Kennedy Center and witness a former president’s artwork. Tune out your professors’ lectures with live music at the All Things Go music festival, then enjoy a taste of fall at an autumn festival.

Friday

George W. Bush’s original artwork at the Kennedy Center

The first exhibition at the Kennedy Center’s new addition, The REACH, honors veterans and other national heroes through a collection of portraits painted by former President George W. Bush. The former president was inspired to illustrate the heroes he met in the aftermath of 9/11. The collection, called “Portraits of Courage,” will make its way to several other museums across the United States after it leaves the Kennedy Center on Nov. 15.

John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts: The REACH, 2700 F St. NW. Open 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Free tickets available.

Saturday

All Things Go Fall Classic Music Festival

Music is a fundamental de-stressor and, luckily, this Saturday kicks off a weekendlong music festival at Union Market. The majority of the tickets are general admission, which grants access to listen to performers like CHVRCHES, Lany, Coin, Muna, MXMTOON, Arkells and Sneaks. You can also grab a meal in between music sets at Union Market’s long line of restaurants and food vendors.

Union Market, 1309 Fifth St. NE. Noon to midnight. Two-day tickets available for $99, and one-day tickets available for $70.

Sunday

Harvest Festival at Capitol Cider House

You might live in a swamp, but there are still ways to celebrate autumn with seasonal favorites. Head to the Harvest Festival at the Capitol Cider House Sunday to munch on cider donuts and apples, drink apple cider and learn how to press apples. If you’re feeling young, you can get your face painted and pick up a balloon animal during the festival.

Capitol Cider House, 3930 Georgia Ave. NW. 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Free tickets available by RSVP.