Weekend Outlook – Celebrate the Textile Museum’s annual community festival

Lillian Bautista | Staff Photographer
The George Washington University Museum and the Textile Museum on 21st Street.

Whether your passion is music, fashion or food, you don’t want to miss this weekend’s events. Sing your heart out at a “Hamilton” musical sing-along Friday night, celebrate fashion and fabrics at the Textile Museum Saturday and wander the world of food at a vegetarian food fair Sunday.

Friday

Hamiltunes DC: What’d I Miss?

Don’t throw away your shot – to attend a “Hamilton” sing-along. If you enjoy humming the “Hamilton” musical’s Tony Award-winning soundtrack, the Hamiltunes DC: What’d I Miss sing-along is the place to be Friday night. Hosted at Mackey’s Public House, a two-level happy hour pub, the event gives attendees a chance to take the stage and rap their favorite “Hamilton” tunes or sit in the audience as a backup singer. Doors open for a pre-show happy hour at 6 p.m., and proceeds from the night go toward the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History.

Mackey’s Public House, 1306 G St. NW, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Tickets are $17.76.

Saturday

Celebration of Textiles: Comfort at Home at the Textile Museum

The Textile Museum is hosting its 40th annual community festival to celebrate creativity with textiles. This free event hosted in the Textile Museum and in University Yard features demonstrations on Japanese embroidery, Tanoura dance and craft stations in which you can make your own pillow or silk bracelet. If you have a knack for interior design and a competitive edge, you could also head over to a textile fort-building competition at 1 p.m. in University Yard. You don’t have to be a fashion expert or textile history buff to enjoy the free festival.

Textile Museum and University Yard, 701 21st St. NW, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free.

Sunday

International Vegetarian Food Fair

Members of Capital Memorial Church – who collectively represent more than 50 countries – will take you on a trip around the world with samples of their favorite vegetarian bites. Get global inspiration for new recipes or indulge in hundreds of dishes from all regions of the world. Tickets can be purchased at the event, and each ticket provides you with unlimited access to the feast.

Capital Memorial Church, 3150 Chesapeake St. NW, 1 to 4 p.m. Tickets are $15.