Two people assaulted at Burns Medical Facility, GW Hospital

Two assaults occurred on campus Thursday, according to Metropolitan Police Department reports.

An MPD officer responded to a call at the Burns Medical Facility at about 11:30 a.m. after medical staff heard a “load commotion” from a room on the fifth floor. MPD officers discovered that a woman who was five months pregnant and her boyfriend were attending a doctor’s appointment when he reportedly shoved her in the face, the report states.

The woman reported that her boyfriend “had a bad attitude all morning” but became happy when they found out that they were going to birth a girl. The woman then decided that she did not want her boyfriend at the appointment anymore and the couple argued, according to the report.

The report states that the woman’s boyfriend “shoved her in the face” and the woman reprimanded him. Nurses intervened and called the police, according to the report.

MPD officers arrested the woman’s boyfriend and transported him to the Second District police station for processing, according to the report.

In a separate report, a GW Hospital emergency room doctor reported to the GW Police Department at about 5 p.m. that a patient bit him in the hand while she was treated for intoxicating herself with an unknown substance.

A GWPD special officer placed Nancy Woodruff under arrest, according to the report.