Weekend Outlook – Taste vegan bites at the annual VegFest

The+Washington+Opera+will+perform+%E2%80%9CThe+Barber+of+Seville%E2%80%9D+at+Nationals+Park+Saturday.+
The Washington Opera will perform “The Barber of Seville” at Nationals Park Saturday.

Start off your weekend savoring the final days of summer at a Chinatown Block Party. Then, relive the 90s at a bar crawl and savor vegan bites at the largest vegan festival on the east coast.

Friday

Chinatown Block Party

Enjoy the last Chinatown Block Party of the summer in Chinatown Park. In addition to live music performances, attendees can take part in free artistic activities like graffiti art, jump roping, mega chess and dance workshops. The event, co-hosted by the DowntownDC Business Improvement District and the Mayor’s Office on Asiana and Pacific Islander Affairs, has been an ongoing summer event since mid-July. While you’re there, check out some shops in the area like Urban Outfitters or grab a bite at Busboys and Poets on K Street.

Chinatown Park, I St. NW, 5 to 9 p.m. Free admission.

Saturday

I Love the 90s Bash Bar Crawl

This one’s for you, 90s kids. Bring out your mom jeans and neon windbreakers for the 90s Bash Bar Crawl. Festivities will begin at the Blackfinn Ameripub from 3 to 5:15 p.m., followed by Ozio until 7:45 p.m. The bar crawl will end at Rewind from 7:45 to 10 p.m. Tickets are $18 in advance and $20 at the door and include a stadium cup for your drinks, a slap bracelet and a free cover at participating bars. Drinks are discounted and feature $2 beers at Blackfinn and $5 mixed drinks at Rewind.

I Love the 90s Bash Bar Crawl, Blackfinn Americpub 1620 I St. NW, Ozio D.C. 1813 M St. NW, Rewind 1219 Connecticut Ave. NW. 3 to 10 p.m. Tickets are $18.

Sunday

D.C. Vegfest 2019

Explore the world of vegan food at D.C.’s annual VegFest, the largest vegan festival on the east coast. Whether you’re already committed to a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle or a curious meat-eater, all are welcome to Nationals Park to try new foods or add variety to different diets. The creators of VegFest will debut lineup of speakers, cooking demonstrations, food vendors and live music. The event is hosted by the non-profit Compassion Over Killing and the first 1,000 attendees will receive a free tote bag filled with coupons and samples.

D.C. VegFest, Nationals Park 1500 South Capitol St. SE. Free admission.