Former Miami dean tapped as interim enrollment management leader

A former admissions and enrollment management official at the University of Miami became the interim vice provost for enrollment management Monday, according to a University release.

Ed Gillis, the former dean of enrollment management at Miami, will manage undergraduate admissions, graduate enrollment, the Office of Student Success, the Office of Student Financial Assistance, the Office of Student Systems, Services and Analytics and the Center for Career Services, the release states. Laurie Koehler, the outgoing senior vice provost for enrollment and the student experience who oversaw enrollment management, will leave GW on Wednesday for a position at Ithaca College.

“I have always enjoyed working with students and easing their transition into postsecondary education and beyond,” Gillis said in the release. “I am thrilled to join the GW community, and I look forward to helping the University advance its mission of educating the next generation of leaders.”

Gillis has also held roles at Emmanuel College, Grahm Junior College and Bentley University, the release states.

The University overhauled its student affairs and enrollment divisions last summer, creating the Office of Student Success and the Office of Student Systems, Services and Analytics.