Golf records academic honors for third consecutive year

Media Credit: Dean Whitelaw | Staff Photographer

2019 graduate Logan Lowe earned academic honors for the second straight year, while the golf team recorded its third consecutive academic award.

Former golfer Logan Lowe and the 2018-19 golf team earned academic awards from the Golf Coaches Association of America, according to a release Friday.

Lowe was named a Srixon/Cleveland Golf All-America Scholar for the second straight year while the team was honored with a GCAA Outstanding Team Academic Award for the third consecutive season.

To earn Division I All-American Scholar status, a golfer must be a junior or senior, compete in 50 percent of the team’s competitive rounds, have a stroke average under 76.0 and maintain a career grade point average of 3.2.

Lowe, who graduated in 2019 with a degree in real estate, earned a 3.55 GPA and a GW-record 72.56 career stroke average. He topped off his standout career as a Colonial with a winning Atlantic 10 Championship in his final campaign.

Lowe joined 540 student-athletes in earning All-American status, the highest number of recipients since the award was established in 1982.

To receive the GCAA Academic Award, a team must earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above. The Colonials reached the threshold for the third straight year, joining 202 other teams.