Former assistant coach to helm squash programs

Former assistant squash coach Anderson Good will become the head coach for the men and women’s squash programs, according to a press release Friday.

Good served as an assistant coach for four seasons under former head coach Wendy Lawrence, who retired at the close of the 2018-19 season. During his tenure, the men’s team won back-to-back Hoehn Cups and nine players earned College Squash Association All-American status.

“I am eager to build on the incredibly strong foundation Wendy laid for this program and look forward to taking GW squash to new heights,” Good said in the release.

Good organized the first-annual Mid-Atlantic Squash Conference Championship in February that featured four women’s squads and five men’s squads in a two-day tournament. The tournament is expected to grow next year, expanding to seven men’s teams and five women’s teams, according to the release.

Before joining the Colonials, Good played collegiate squash at St. Lawrence where he racked up 44 career wins. He served as a captain, made a run to the Round of 16 in the CSA Individual National Championships and earned a No. 41 overall men’s individual ranking in his senior campaign.

“I am thrilled to be able to contribute to our student-athletes’ success and growth, on and off the court, for years to come,” Good said in the release.