Women’s soccer unveils 2019 slate

Head coach Michelle Demko released women’s soccer’s 2019 schedule Tuesday, according to a press release.

The squad will play 10 games at home and face nine teams on the road during the 19-game regular season.

“Looking at our opponents from top to bottom, we will be battle-tested from opening weekend with William and Mary through our last game against Saint Louis,” Demko said in the release.

A preseason exhibition matchup against Drexel on Aug. 18 will open the Colonials’ 2019 slate. The squad will face William and Mary and American at their fields before going on a five-game homestand.

Atlantic 10 play begins against La Salle on Sept. 22. The Colonials have not competed against the Explorers since 2016 but went 2–3–1 in the last decade against the A-10 foe.

Conference play is briefly interrupted with an away game against Delaware State on Oct. 10 but picks up again on Oct. 13 with a matchup against VCU. The Rams knocked the Colonials out of A-10 postseason play in 2018, handing them a 3–2 loss.

The squad will close out the regular season on Oct. 27 against last season’s A-10 Champion Saint Louis. The Billikens shut out the Colonials last season 2–0 on their home field, but this season’s matchup takes place on the Colonials’ turf.

Postseason play is set for Nov. 2 through Nov. 10 with the semifinal and final held at Saint Louis.