Men’s soccer releases 2019 schedule

Men’s soccer players congratulate sophomore forward Oscar Haynes Brown after a goal Monday.

The men’s soccer 2019 slate includes the fewest number of home games since the 2010 season, according to a press release Wednesday.

The Colonials will face seven teams at home and 10 teams on the road this fall. The squad’s 2019 campaign will open with a pair of away exhibition games against Mary Washington and Old Dominion, followed by its first four games of the season on the road.

“As we move through the season, we have some great match ups– both in and out of the conference– that will measure our progress,” head coach Craig Jones said in the release. “Our goal is to use these games against different styles of opposition to prepare for a return to the A-10 Tournament and put ourselves in position to win a championship.”

After four away games, the Colonials will play at home against Brown on Sept. 14. The squad will stay at home for two more games, including its Atlantic 10 opener against 2018 champions Rhode Island on Sept. 21.

The team will travel to face Villanova on Sept. 24 before returning home to A-10 play against George Mason. The Patriots shut out the Colonials 3–0 last season.

The Colonials will then embark on a three-game road trip to faceoff with Virginia, St. Bonaventure and Duquesne.

The squad will end its regular season with four conference matchups – two at home and two away. Postseason play begins on Nov. 9 and the A-10 semifinals and final are set for Nov. 15 and Nov. 17, respectively, at Fordham.