Onolicious Poke to be replaced with new Asian restaurant

Meredith Roaten | Staff Photographer

Onolicious Poke will be replaced with a new Asian restaurant in the District House basement next week, according to the restaurant’s Instagram page.

Kin’s Sushi will take over Onolicious Poke’s storefront – which sits next to restaurants like Chick-fil-A and Sol – on July 15. Kin’s Sushi founder, Khin Ngonis, graduated from GW in 2018, according to the restaurant’s Instagram.

Onolicious Poke swapped out Beef ‘N Bread last January.

Kin’s Sushi’s menu includes poke bowls, appetizers like dumplings and spring rolls, standard rolls and special rolls that come with a free side of miso soup during the restaurant’s first month. Standard rolls include sushi classics like the California roll ($5.49), the spicy tuna roll ($6.49) and the philly roll ($6.49).

Most specialty rolls are named after U.S. presidents like President Donald Trump and former presidents Barack Obama, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln and Bill Clinton. The restaurant also serves “The GW” specialty roll, which is made with crab, avocado, cucumber, salmon and tuna. Each specialty roll is paired with a day of the week on which you can purchase the roll for $3 off.

If you are going to miss Onolicious Poke’s poke bowls, Kin’s Sushi will offer tuna poke ($8.99), salmon poke ($8.99), seafood mix poke ($8.99), tempura poke ($8.99), vegetable poke ($7.99) and teriyaki chicken bowls ($7.49). You can also make your own poke bowl for $7.99 from a selection of meats, vegetables, sauces and garnishes.

Onolicious Poke’s owner did not return requests for comment.