Weekend Outlook — Celebrate the Fourth at a Decades block party

File photo by Ari Golub | Staff Photographer

Extend your Fourth of July celebrations into the weekend with block parties and baseball. Start with a dance and theatre festival at Arena Stage, then make your way to Nationals Park for a cat-themed baseball game between the Washington Nationals and Kansas City Royals. End your weekend with a dance party at Decades D.C.

Friday

A People’s History

A solo performance of 18 different monologues chronicling America’s past will mark the start of the Capital Fringe Festival, an annual D.C. summer festival showcasing theatre productions and dance. The festival, which lasts until the end of July, features a lineup of performances ranging from a comedy show about overcoming anxiety during sex with sex educator Twanna Hines to a drama about women who face street harassment in Chicago. Performances are held at Arena Stage, Mead Center for American Theatre, the Christ United Methodist Church and Saint Augustine’s Episcopal Church.

Arena Stage, 1101 6th St. SW. 8 p.m. Tickets start at $35.

Saturday

Caturday at Nationals Park

Watch the Washington Nationals take on the Kansas City Royals while honoring felines and the people who can’t get enough of them. Fans are not permitted to bring their cats to the stadium, but those who purchase special event tickets will receive a cat-themed t-shirt. All proceeds from the tickets will go toward the Humane Rescue Alliance, an organization dedicated to protecting animals and finding animals a family.

Nationals Park, 1500 S Capitol St. SW. Game starts at 4:05 p.m., Tickets start at $30.

Sunday

The All White Block Party

Dust off your white jeans for a white-out day party at Decades featuring four different levels of dance and entertainment. Dance styles include hip-hop, reggaeton, afroBeats and dancehall. The event is free for those who arrive before 4 p.m. But if you’re looking for exclusive opportunities at the dance party, you can buy VIP rooftop tickets starting at $25 per person.

Decades D.C., 1219 Connecticut Ave. NW. 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. Free, 21+.