Man sues University for car accident with GW employee

A man is suing the University for injuries he sustained after experiencing an automobile collision with a GW employee who was driving on the wrong side of the freeway.

In a five-page lawsuit filed in the D.C. Superior Court Thursday, Philip Brady requests compensation for injuries sustained to his body in a car accident with Gabrielle Charles, who works at the GW admissions office. Brady is suing for $750,000 for injuries to his sternum, left clavicle and hand, the lawsuit states.

“Mr. Brady has incurred and will continue to incur substantial medical expenses, has suffered and will continue to suffer a loss of wages and/or of wage-earning capacity and has suffered and will continue to suffer extreme physical and emotional pain, suffering and anguish, as well as other damages,” the report states.

Christopher Regan, a lawyer at Regan, Zambri and Long, PLLC who is representing Brady, declined to comment.

Brady claims that Charles was driving during a work shift, making GW responsible for the incident. Charles was driving while distracted on the wrong side of Potomac Freeway at the time of the accident, which totaled Brady’s car and left him unconscious, according to the lawsuit.

The initial scheduling conference for the case is slated for Sept. 27, according to court records.

A University spokeswoman did not immediately return a request for comment.