Weekend Outlook — Watch ‘Hello Dolly!’ at the Kennedy Center

Hatchet+File+Photo+

Pack your last June weekend with shows and festivals. First, watch the critically-acclaimed performance, “Hello, Dolly!” at the Kennedy Center. Then, make your way to the One Journey Festival at the National Cathedral and close out your weekend at the Smithsonian’s Folklife Festival.

Friday

Hello, Dolly!

If you missed “Hello, Dolly!” on Broadway, the show is on the Kennedy Center’s stage until July 7. The musical features a matchmaker named Dolly Gallagher Levi who travels to New York to find a partner for an unmarried half-a-millionaire. Actress and performer Betty Buckley, who received the 1983 Tony Award for Best Featured Actress, is starring in Friday night’s performance as Levi.

John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, 2700 F St. Show begins at 7:30 p.m., Tickets start at $38.

Saturday

One Journey Festival

Join a crowd of about 5,000 at the Washington National Cathedral to celebrate the contributions of refugees groups around the world. The second annual One Journey Festival festival features musical performances, dancing, storytelling and interfaith voices leading shows on three different stages. The Pihcintu Multicultural Chorus will kick off the festival on the main stage at 11 a.m., and several performers will follow, including singer, songwriter and rapper Abraham Mwinda and violinist and composer Megumi Saruhashi.

Washington National Cathedral, 3101 Wisconsin Ave. NW, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Free.

Sunday

Smithsonian Folklife Festival

The Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage organized a jam-packed two-day festival this year, a changeup from the previous two-week-long folklore event. Attendees can participate in workshops on drum circles and zine making. At 10:30 a.m. on the second day of the festival, the Smithsonian will honor the life of American folk singer and social activist Pete Seeger. American hip hop recording artist and DJ Grandmaster Flash will conclude the weekend on the main stage with a hip-hop show.

National Mall, 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Free.