Volleyball announces 2019 slate

The volleyball team will compete several times against fellow pod schools Fordham, George Mason, La Salle and Rhode Island this season.

Head coach Sarah Bernson announced volleyball’s 2019 schedule last week, according to a release.

The 2019 season will include three tournaments, 11 home games and 14 conference matchups. The Colonials will open their season with the D.C. Challenge, hosting all four matches with Howard, American and Hartford.

GW will continue its preseason with several non-conference tournaments in Florida, North Carolina and Texas.

Conference play begins Sep. 28 in a home match against Atlantic 10 rival George Mason. The squad will seek redemption after its 3–1 loss to the Patriots last season.

The Colonials take a tour through Pennsylvania after their home opener, facing Duquesne and La Salle before going on a five-game homestand. The squad will then embark on a six-game road trip, featuring a challenge from the back-to-back regular season champion VCU and 12-time A-10 tournament champion Dayton.

The regular season will end with two home matches against Fordham and Rhode Island. The Colonials bested the Fordham Rams and the Rhode Island Rams 3–2, respectively, in 2018. The A-10 tournament is set for Nov. 22 to Nov. 24 in Rhode Island.