Medical school partners with Hungarian university to share teaching practices, research

The School of Medicine and Health Sciences is working with a Hungarian university to collaborate on academic and research initiatives, according to a release Thursday.

The medical school entered into a five-year agreement with Semmelweis University to exchange teaching and research skills for faculty and students studying nursing and health sciences at the two institutions. Both schools aim to work together on research plans and submit joint grant proposals, the release states.

“It is vitally important to have an understanding of the processes and procedures used in health professions education and practice across the globe, and this partnership enables us to join forces and improve the health care system together,” School of Nursing Dean Pamela Jeffries said in the release.

GW lecturers will travel to Semmelweis to train professors in online teaching methods and clinical simulations. Semmelweis will also join the GW Collaboratory, a virtual resource for researchers, patients and health care professionals to communicate on health-related issues.

“We have a lot to learn from each other and through this partnership, unlimited opportunities exist to create high impact educational experiences for our students,” Reamer Bushardt, the senior associate dean for health sciences, said in the release.