UMD official selected as senior associate vice president of alumni relations, annual giving

A former alumni relations official at multiple universities will become GW’s senior associate vice president for alumni relations and annual giving next month, according to a GW release Monday.

Patricia Carocci, the former director of advancement at The Spence School – a private girls’ high school – and the assistant dean for development and alumni relations at the University of Maryland Smith School of Business, will take the role on July 22. Carocci will work with the recently established GW Alumni Association executive committee to develop a strategic plan through an alumni listening tour this summer, the release states.

“I am excited to join GW and its leadership as the University builds toward its bicentennial,” Carocci said. “I look forward to meeting many GW graduates in the months to come and hearing their stories about why this great university holds a special place in their heart.”

The position has been vacant since Matthew Mantra stepped down in February.

In her role at The Spence School, Carocci assisted in running a fundraising campaign and worked to increase parent and alumni involvement. At UMD, she helped secure its largest gifts in the school’s history.

Carocci has also held development and alumni relations positions at the Sidwell Friends School, the Catholic University of America and the University of Pennsylvania, the release states.